Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An then there were Four...

Go Phoenix! I admit, I fell asleep at half time only to wake up to a rerun of poker on ESPN2 (sometimes I wish I lived in the middle of the country). Anyway, I could tell before I nodded off to sleepy land, that this game was going to be a dual between Becky Hammon and Diana Taurasi. And apparently, I was right. Hammon hit for 29 and Taurasi hit for 30. Both excellent players, both deserving of the MVP nod. Great games played by both but the Mercury free throw shooting proved to be too much for San Antonio as they were sent packing. Tomorrow night, the Final Four start their series of games. Preview tomorrow....

This does, sadly, end the WNBA career of one of the great WNBA players: Vickie Johnson. She rocked the house in NY, that smooth shooting lefty that would drop in 20 before you realized it. Great player, great person...you'll be missed. Be a great coach, pass your knowledge of the game onto the younger generation....best of luck!

Cappie Pondexter
Did you all see the new hair on Cappie? Well, shorter hair with funky design I should say. Comments? I love Cappie and her expressive personality....how can you not? (okay, so I also love her because she put RU on the map...but still...she's just so likable!)

(wnba.com)


Should we really care?
Okay, what is the big deal with Alysa Auriemma (aka, Geno's daughter) writing a blog for a local Connecticut newspaper and being paid for it? Are you serious? Apparently, according to the Hartford Courant, Alysa was paid for blog posts in July and August. I guess everyone was in a tizzy because it was a conflict of interest....how? It's a blog, it's not writing a news article and personally I think a lot of the writers in Hartford are so bias for UCONN that they are all in a conflict of interest. Read the articles and let me know what you think...

Latest article

Original Note on the situation

1 comment:

steppingbackward said...

If Alyssa inherited her father's brains, then she probably is a very good writer anyway. Besides, is anyone in UConn land not biased?