Monday, October 19, 2009

The adventure of Delle Donne

I'd just like to start off by saying how happy I am for Elena Delle Donne. No, not because she's not at UCONN with the possibility of destroying my beloved Rutgers team...but because she made a decision for the most important person: herself.

This past Friday she started practice as a University of Delaware Blue Hen. Has she had any impact yet? You bet! Season ticket sales have tripled and she hasn't even played in a game yet. In an article on WQAD.com, she talks about how this is the first time she has had fun playing hoops since the recruiting started in High School. Please note the word "fun" in that sentence. Shouldn't that be what sports is all about? Fun? When did that change? I remember playing sports and having fun, I never found it to be a chore until my Senior year of High School. Do you know what I did? I stopped playing because it became a chore, work, extra stress, etc. I was burned out. I wasn't having fun anymore. I am so happy that Elena is having fun and I wish her the best of luck. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip to Newark, DE to see her play. I bet she is fun to watch when she is having fun playing. You can read the excellent article on Delle Donne by clicking here: Delle Donne Ready to Give Hoops Another Try.

No comments: